Yesterday i baked these hot cross sticky bun for minum petang..tetibe hangin rajin nak menguli datangla pulak..and while berjalan2 dekat kitchen2 blogger, i stumbled upon this buns..looked yummeh okay!it made me drooool..menitik2 air liur atas keyboard..haha
So, i decided to give it a try..looking at those ingredients, the cinnamon swirl part is not so much different as the pizza dough i made before except for substitution of warm milk instead of warm water..but i don't know what's wrong with my dough, it refused to rise..maybe not enough kneading power i guess..ermm..another reason why i shud get one bread maker..hubby, take note keh?muahahahaha
However, if you are the cinnamon lover you shud give it a try..trust me its worth it!memang sodap!i dulu yang tak suke cinnamom pon jatuh centa with this bun..oh ya actually my first attempt eating this bun was few months ago from Starbucks..dats why bile i tengok Kak Rima punye gambar ni i terus melompat2 nak try..same look,same taste but i save my money!yay, i like!hehe
So here is the recipe..mintak2 kak Rima halalkan and thanx for sharing those mouth-watering recipe..your blog inspired me so much :)
HOT CROSS STICKY BUN ( make about 8-10 largish buns)
Source : Kak Rima
155ml warm milk
35g caster sugar
7g dried yeast
300g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
30g butter (softened, chopped)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
30g butter (melted)
60g brown sugar
1/2 tbl ground cinnamon
Raisins or sultanas
180g brown sugar
45g butter (chopped)
45ml golden syrup
1/2 tbl water
pinch of sea salt
3/4 cups of pecan/ walnuts (roughly chopped)
1. Whisk the warm milk, yeast and sugar together until sugar has dissolved. Cover and leave up for 10 minutes for froth up and bubble.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and spices. Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles the rough breadcrumbs. Add the beaten egg, frothy yeast/milk mixture and mix until combined.
3. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until it is smooth, elastic and doesn't stick to your hands or table (5-10 minutes)
4. Lightly grease another large bowl and plonk the dough in, turning to coat the sides with grease. Cover and leave at the warm draught-free place for 45 minutes or until it has doubled its size.
5. Preheat oven to 180 C
6. For the filling, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon until combined. To make the topping mix all the ingredients except for the nuts in a pot over the lo heat, bring it to a simmer then remove from heat.
7. Punch down the dough and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out the dough into a rectangular approx. 35cm x 25cm (with the longest side facing you). Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar cinnamon mix over the hole surface. Sprinkle raisins in a single layer leaving an inch border on the sides and at the top.
8. Starting with the side closest to you, roll up the dough as tightly as you can, pinch the end to seal and place seam upside down. Using your hand, mould out the rolled dough into an even log.
9. With a very sharp knife, cut into 8 slices of about 4-5cm thickness. Try not to 'press' down but use a light see-saw motion and let the knife do the work.
10. Pour the topping into a large greased or non-stick pyrex or baking dish. If the caramel has hardened a bit, warm it back up over the stove.
11. Scatter the pecans over the caramel and place buns, cut side down. Make sure you fit them in together so that they're just touching.
12. Place on a baking paper lined tray (caramel will bubble up and might spill over) and bake for about 20 minutes or until the buns are lightly golden and it sounds hollow when you tap it.
13. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes. Place a plate or serving dish on top then carefully invert onto the plate. Be careful of hot tin and molten caramel!
14. Serve warm and best eaten within a day or two.
Thank you to my bestfriends for coming yesterday and help me finished up those buns..haha
Happy birthday dear Along, may Allah bless you always and cepat2 dapat baby yang comel2 ok! :)